Hey guys, it’s time to get your recipe writing on! You’re all familiar with Simply Potatoes, right? You’ve probably seen them in the grocery store in the refrigerated section and if not you’re totally going to be able spot them now! Welp, they are hosting a recipe contest right now for your best 5 ingredient recipe using one of their products. The winning recipe creator will be crowned with $3,000 in addition to the lovely satisfaction of winning and there are other great prizes to be had just for submitting a recipe!
I got in on the recipe writing fun and decided to play with my original recipe for Zuppa Toscana Soup. It’s already a pretty straight-forward recipe but the addition of a bag of already diced, seasoned and cooked potatoes makes it that much easier. Start to finish I was able to have the soup done in about 15 minutes! Aaaand it tastes almost identical to the original.
We’re talking 5 ingredients here: italian sausage, simply potatoes- steakhouse seasoned diced, kale, chicken broth, and cream. FIVE. You don’t even need to season it since the sausage and potatoes have so much flavor to begin with.
I love no-brainer recipes like this and I bet you have a few in your arsenal that would be great competitors in the contest too, so don’t forget to enter!
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 1, 20 oz pkg. Simply Potatoes, steakhouse seasoned diced
- 6 C chicken broth
- 2 C kale, washed and chopped
- 1 C cream
- Brown and crumble sausage in a large pot, Once cooked remove sausage from pot an place on paper towels to remove excess fat. Drain off all but 1-2 tsp of fat from the pot.
- Add potatoes to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sausage back to the pot and stir in chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in kale. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until kale and potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, stir in cream and serve.